If depression is prolonged, it can feel never-ending:
- “I just take the weight of the world on my shoulders.”
- “It doesn’t matter what happens somehow I take it on as being my fault.”
- “Everything feels bad. I can’t even imagine getting excited about
winning the lotto.”
- “I’m tired all the time and everything feels like a chore. Even things that used to feel good.”
Treatment for depression is generally very effective. It is possible to get on the other side – and it won’t take forever!
Sometimes depression is a reaction to something that has happened in our life. Sometimes we have a family history of depression and have had minimal opportunity to develop the neural pathways associated with joy.
Many times we have core negative core beliefs about ourselves:
- “It’s all my fault.”
- “I’m just not good enough.”
- “I don’t deserve happiness”.
Just listen to how you talk to yourself and the stories you tell yourself about your life, your relationships, your world.
Depression symptoms include:
- Low mood
- Loss of pleasure in life
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- Poor sleep – too much or too little
- A sense of worthlessness and guilt
- Low energy
- Fantasizing about ending your own life to escape the pain
There is treatment for depression. And often it’s worth digging underneath those depression symptoms and working through what keeps it alive. For somewhere in your past you decided something negative about yourself and you turned that into a belief about yourself.
First we create our belief and then our belief creates us.
And then we reinforce that belief with the stories we tell ourselves.
And it can seem like a never ending feed-back loop.
Call Me Now for Help with Depression